Greetings my Fraters, I would like to thank the Sir Knights of the Grand Commandery of Knights Templar of Florida for your vote of confidence in electing me as your Grand Commander. We have a lot of work to do and a short time to accomplish everything.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
1. MEMBERSHIP is the Number One thing that all Commanderies need by recruiting new members, and encouraging current members. I personally want to thank SK Henry Adams, REPGC for all the hard work he has given over the last several years to help maintain our membership. Year to date we have Knighted sixty-two new Sir Knights. My objective is for us to Knight over 250 new Sir Knights this year.
2. PERPETUAL MEMBERSHIP, this is one way to keep our NPD down, plus it guarantees a future income to the LOCAL Commanderies, when Sir Knight’s pass on. The best part is that the local Commandery is guaranteed 5% on their monies invested. My objective is to have 50 new perpetual members for this year. Please get in touch with your Recorder.
3. HOLY LAND PILGRIMAGE: Jesus said, “Go ye therefore, and teach all Nations, baptizing them in the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost, teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you; and Lo, I am with you even unto the end of the world”. Amen.(Matthew 28, 19-20). My objective is for us to send 10 ministers to the Holy Land Pilgrimage, one from each District for February or March 2015. The cost to send a minister is $3390.00 plus airfare to and from New York City. This is truly one of the best public relations we can have with the Churches, by educating their ministers where Jesus walked. All monies are due to the Grand Encampment Chairman Emmett Mills by October 15, 2014.
4. DISTRICT FESTIVAL: I have attended District Meetings for over 27 years for the Grand York Rite Bodies. I personally feel that we are not getting to the leaders of the Constituted Bodies. Also, I know there are a lot of York Rite Bodies that need help conferring Degrees, getting Candidates, etc. My objective along with the M.E. William Jacobs, Grand High Priest and M.I. Warren Almand, Grand Master is to hold District Festivals instead of District meetings. This will help us to accomplish most of the goals we have planned for this year. The first District Festival was held in the 1st District on May 16 & 17 at J. Dewey Hawkins Lodge in the Ft. Lauderdale area.
- 3rd District (St. Petersburg, Tampa, Clearwater York Rite Bodies) Tampa York Rite Temple 4210 W. Oklahoma Ave. Tampa, Fl Friday Night June 20, Saturday June 21,
- 9th District (Panama City, Marianna, Tallahassee York Rite Bodies) Jackson Lodge No. 1, 2818, Apalachee Pkwy. Tallahassee, Fl Friday Night June 27 & Saturday June 28
- 8th District (Lake City, Lawtey, Ocala, Gainesville York Rite Bodies) R.T. Schafer Lodge No. 350, 2505 NE 9th Street, Gainesville, Fl. Friday Night July 18 & Saturday July 19
- 4th District (Highlands, Plant City, Lakeland York Rite Bodies) Olin S. Wright Lodge No. 79, 304 Acacia Street, Plant City, Fl Friday Night August 15, & Saturday August 16
This schedule in no way is intended to take away from any other festivals planned on a local level during the year. They are merely to enhance the fellowship and brotherly love while increasing membership for your local bodies.
Courteously and Fraternally,
S.K. Paul W. Friend
Right Eminent Grand Commander